Art Line

Art Line

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Our Trip to North Carolina

After a 5 month hiatus, I've been told I need to update this blog!

Yesterday, the boys and I returned home after a week long trip to visit family in North Carolina. Erik couldn't come with us because he was scheduled to chaperone a high school trip to Canada.

We first traveled to visit my brother Mike and his wife Susan, who live in Durham.

They took us to visit the Duke Lemur center, which is a research facility that studies -- you guessed it -- Lemurs.




We had lots of fun just chillin' with Uncle Mike and Aunt Susan.









On Saturday, Mike, Susan and I ran in the Tarheel 10 Miler and scored some pretty awesome medals.


Nana took the boys to her house in Monroe (near Charlotte) overnight, while I relaxed and went out to dinner with Mike and Susan. While the boys were with Nana and Grandpa, they had dinner out, went bowling, and watched the movie Frozen.

I joined the boys in Monroe on Sunday, when we had a family get together, and got to see my aunts, uncles, and cousins.

On Monday, my mom and I took the boys to Monkey Joes, which is an indoor bounce place.


On Tuesday, Nana, Grandpa, the boys and I went to Discovery Place, which is basically a huge science museum for kids.







It's amazing how the trip went so fast, and yet at the same time it feels like we were away from home for a really long time! We had a great time and are now adjusting to life back in the real world.

No comments: